Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Over The Hump Day - Craig's Rant


Wednesday. Wow a long day. I got down to the Scottish Rite and there was no one there. I had to open the building. Brandon did not work today and Shane was still out but fortunately I called him and he came by and opened the office. I now have a key.

I worked alone in the office all morning. Fortunately Milt came in and opened the DeMolay office for me so I could get my lunch out of the refrigerator. It was left over from yesterday. I had Quizno's bring in a sandwich and only ate half of it. So I had it today.

Shane came back in the afternoon and played catch-up all afternoon with the messages I had on his desk. You know I am really flattered that he trusts me enough to run the office while he is away. I know I can be trusted but it is nice to know that someone else trusts me also. One thing I did while I was working yesterday was to set up a new calendar so the degree practices could be put on it and a person could log in and see what times were open.

I have been taking notes for the Scottish Rite Officers meetings for quite awhile now and tonight was the monthly meeting, I have my computer with me in Des Moines and the Scottish Rite has WiFi so I took my computer with me to the meeting and took the notes and as soon as the meeting was over I could e-mail the notes to those I had addresses for.

Then it was downstairs for the meal and the Quarterly meeting. I enjoyed both events but it was 8:00 when I left. That is a 12 hour day. Shane regularly puts in days like that. I don't think people appreciate what he does for us.

Anyway that is why there isn't much of a post. I know I have been political a lot lately. But I am so upset by the way this campaign is going that I feel the need to put some things up. If you don't like it don't read it. And for the Brother from DeMolay who has been sending me little movies and e-mails about how republicans are better than democrats. I've got your number and you are now Spam. Sorry Ryan I am not reading them. My mind is made up.

Craig Ferguson just said "Shame on you, you manipulative hypocrites!" He is really going on tonight. Hopefully this will make it to YouTube. He says he wants to know - "What are you going to do for this country, pal!" He is on a roll. And he is right. The TV news people need to "take this thing seriously - this is important."

The foundation of this democracy is free people making free choice. IT IS YOUR DUTY TO VOTE! ... On election day exercise your sacred right as an American and listen to yourself.

That is why I am political. This is the most important vote of this century. Craig is right. I am sorry to have to say it but this country is screwed up the way we run elections. Jon thinks we should have a parliamentary system and you know I am beginning to agree with him. This every four year madness of a feeding frenzy of spending on advertisements that are f8&^ing lies and yes I meant to use that word is just WRONG. This country should be more than that. I do not like the way the religious Reich has taken over a party and inserted faith into politics.

I WISH EVERYONE COULD BE WATCHING THIS RANT. Craig is a newly naturalized citizen and he is saying things that all of us seem to have forgotten.

Now on a more somber note. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the attack on the World Trade Center. The Republicans are using that event to try and scare us into voting for them. It has just made me more determined than ever to vote against them. They need to stop lying and using scare tactics and both sides need to work together to restore this country to the greatness we once had. If George W. Busch had not gone after an Iraq government and had instead gone after the perpetrator of 9/11 perhaps we would have brought him to justice, But he didn't, Instead he has presided over the worst administration since U. S. Grant. We needed a leader, not a cheerleader.

Perhaps one of these days I will write about a few other things. I am thinking about how stupid bumper stickers such as "When the Rapture Comes this Car will Be Driverless." are I mean What Arrogance! but right now I am so incensed by the lies and the nastiness of the campaign that you are going to find more of this type of thing around here. I know there is a lot of it. At least I am not really worrying about my hurt feelings (they are still there) any more. I am still waiting for November 5. (BTW that is the day after the election) Then perhaps I can turn on my TV and not see some old man and a bimbo telling lies. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bumper stickers and even personalized license plates would be funny if they didn't just remind you of the fact that the owner of the car actually seems to think they have a personal guarantee from God that they are saved. Seems to me that God is not bound to abide by the words of any man.

And as for the duty to vote, that is true if you are an informed voter, regardless of your political leanings. If you have not researched the issues and really understand how things work, you have a duty to NOT vote. And I believe that anyone who can actually be influenced by the televised progaganda of either party falls into that category. An educated populace is why this country thrived for so long, As our literacy and general understanding of how governmetn works declines, the government we choose (and the government we have available to choose from) declines as well. The politicians of both parties are forced to pander to the idiots who believe what they are told on the television, whether by the candidates themselves or by the media. I suspect that our naturalized citizens are better informed than a majority of the voters who were born here.

See, Jay is not the only one who can rant. I even agree with him some of the time.

Raven said...

It is truly maddening... and made more maddening. The out and out lies in McCain's campaign ads are outrageous and at times obscene... and I am waiting for the media to call him on it in ways that are really meaningful. Alas, I fear I will wait for a very long time. God help us if these insane people get elected.