Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jefferson for Lunch



I drove over to Grand Junction today to pick up Jack Watts and take him to Jefferson for lunch. Craig works in Jefferson on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I wanted these two guys to meet.









We ate at the Uptown Cafe. It is a small town cafe with brewed ice tea and great Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches.










Jack and Craig - Two fine Masons and good friends.
















I apologize for the fuzzy picture. Momentous things were discussed at lunch. NOT

We had a great time visiting and I enjoyed our time together - they both can tell awful jokes. (as can I)



There is a statue of Abraham Lincoln on the square in Jefferson. Jack pointed out to me that Lincoln looks like a Royal Master. If you look at his hand he seems to be saying, "it will be buried there."

I took some books over to Jack today and he gave me a whole bunch of Masonic books. I will share them with those who want to read them.

I know I promised no politics on this blog today. However I did write a new poem and it is on my poetry blog. I was inspired by watching McCain's spokesman and looking at his eyes. You can read it here.

Tomorrow is York Rite in Des Moines and I have some Red Cross business to take care of. Seems like there is always something to do. Thursday I am going to Grand Lodge. Blogging will be limited while I am there. You might get something Thursday night but Friday and Saturday will probably be limited. But then again I may take my computer and live-blog Grand Lodge. I actually doubt that. Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, ARTYAL, j

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Looks you had a good time. See you at York Rite!

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

We did - maybe next time you can go with us. j

Anonymous said...

Now that is a lunch that makes me jealous. Sorry I wasn't there. The last time I dined with M:.P:. Watts, we went to the grocery store. Has it given way to a Super Wal Mart?

Tom Dean

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Nope, Still the same grocery store. Jack got some bacon.