Monday, September 29, 2008

Pete Seeger - A National Treasure


Pete Seeger was just on Letterman. I did not watch the entire show but switched over to watch him.

He sang a song from his new CD "At 89" - If the entire album which is being released tomorrow is anything like the song he sung tonight I will enjoy having it.

You can read more about him here, here and here.

John and I are having an e-mail conversation. He was watching Pete also. He writes:

Just saw Pete, and my jaw hit the floor. He is a great man for SO many reasons, including his contributions as an ethnomusicologist (with his father Charles). His stepmother, Ruth Crawford Seeger, was one of the most significant composers in the US in the 20s, 30s, and 40s. Pete was born in 1919. AMAZING!

John is one of my favorite Masons, I never fail to learn something from him. Enjoy one of my favorite Seeger songs. Sing along if you want.




Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, j

5 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I do not know this mr. seeger
I thank you for introducing him to me.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

My, You are so young! - Glad I could help in your education.

Dianne said...

I saw the very tail end as I tuned in to Craig but I have it on the DVR. I met him once a million years ago at a benefit for the Hudson River. He was so gentle and gracious.

Anonymous said...

i missed the first moon landing in order to see pete seeger at the newport folk festival. and he brought with him a lovely unknown named don mclean.

it was great to see him on dave the other night!

Raven said...

I love Pete Seeger and the Weavers. My youngest niece has met him. He is grandpa to one of her friends. Lucky girl. I have a picture of her walking with him. This is a great song. I miss the 60s.