Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saturday Wordzzle on Sunday

As always click on the button to see the guidelines.
And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

10-word challenge: budget, news, outer space, gargantuan, brass band, Purple Rose of Cairo, polar bears, insight, innovations, mute

And for the mini challenge: investments, purring, death penalty, mercury, convalescent home

The Most Puissiant Worthy Convecation of the Highest Order of the Salamanders did not elect Phrog as it's Most High
Gargantuan Puissiant Leader. He was struck mute and had to be placed in a convalescent home to await more innovations for treatment. Short of sending him on a trip to outer space the Salamander sisters were at a loss as to what to do for him.

Sallyie: "We cannot afford to send him on that trip this year. Our
investments have tanked. It just isn't in our budget."

Saydie: "I've got news for you. Poor Phrog is stiing in a corner watching the
news on Fox. He is sucking on his toe and purring. I am afraid he has gone over the bend and thinks he is a cat."

Sallyie: "I have just been thinking and I have an
insight in how to treat him. First we sit him in a regular chair and make him watch the Purple Rose of Cairo twenty-five times and then strike up the brass band. We then make him watch movies of polar bears on a melting ice berg. Phrog is so tender and caring that he will forget himself in seeing their plight and snap out of his depression."

Saydie: "I don't think so, Sallyie. We might kill him and have to face the
death penalty. I think a spoonful of tincture of mercury would be the best thing."

Sallyie: "Oh all right Saydie, perhaps that will work if not one of these words for next week may lead us to the solution: Next Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: exacerbate, leotard, path, tomato, Jungle Book, vagabond, parade, limber, storage, Maharajah

And for the Mini Challenge: crocodile, special, sleep, droll, turn around"

3 comments:

Raven said...

Poor Phrog! I love the possible cures and your last line made me laugh out loud. Great as always.

Dianne said...

I missed this! Apparently I'm not too clever at times.

I felt a void on Saturday that has now been filled :)

I always love when the sisters talk.

Poor Phrog - I'm rooting for him

Dr.John said...

Laughing gaPhrog but I suppose that's outside the budget as well.s is the only cure for