Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pictures of Ames

I love to drive by Iowa State University and Lake LaVerne. The swans are always nice to see. The swans in Scotland belong to the Queen and are thus protected. Our swans need no protection. They live free on the lake (or maybe their wings are clipped) and people enjoy them and I have always enjoyed these majestic birds. In earlier incarnations Lancelot and Elaine would sometime hiss and attack people who got to close but they seem to be peaceful this year.

You can see that the leaves are just beginning to turn. I have a feeling that we are in for a beautiful fall.




The sky was turning beautiful.
This sculpture is outside the Memorial Union. I had never noticed it before.
The lake is really a beautiful addition to our community.
The Fall TV shows are starting again. I have gotten so used to not watching Television but I will have to admit that I am enjoying Desperate Housewives and am looking forward to Brothers and Sisters which starts in about a half an hour. I am also taping Masterpiece Theater and Cold Case.

I didn't do much productive today. The last three days were very busy so I relaxed and caught up on things. Now I have two major meetings to get ready for. Arcadia Lodge meets on Thursday and I can't go so I have to get everything ready for my pro tem to take care of the meeting. I have to attend the Ames High School Alumni Association Banquet to help represent my cousin George Underwood who is being inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame. George is 90 years old and lives in Washington State and is unable to attend.

Then on Saturday we have our Annual Meeting for St. Bartholomew Conclave, Red Cross of Consantine. It isn't really difficult to do but there are a lot of things to remember. I think this is about the 23 or 24th year that I have been Recorder. Perhaps they will kick me out this year. One of these days I have to clean the office and the living room. So much to do and I am ensnared in the Internets so I really can't find the time to do them. Oh well all I can say is thank God I have things to do and am able to do them.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week. Hugs, j

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Swans are lovely; but nasty vicious birds.
and they make a lot of messes
i suppose they get away with it all because they are so lovely.

Anonymous said...

We may not have similar tastes in politics, but I see that our Sunday night TV lineup was identical. Thanks for all of your hard work on Saturday.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianne said...

that last photo is spectacular!

I love Brothers and Sisters!!