Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Shrine Past Masters - Mini-rant

Tonight I went to Des Moines to participate in my first Shrine Past Master's Club Third Degree. The Past Master's Club travels all over Central Iowa and puts on the second section of the Third Degree. I rejoined the Shrine earlier this year and was asked to join the Past Master's Club. This is the group that performed tonight. It was a great degree.
Worshipful Master Larry was the first one at the table. He made his hot dog into a chili dog and I followed suit. It was delicious. Larry is Master of his Lodge (where we met) as well as a member of the Past Master's Club. He does really good work. He came up to Arcadia the other evening and did the third section of the first degree and I had not seen it for years. It is nice to see someone who can impress me.
One of our Grand Officers is also a member of the Lodge. Kyle is Past Master of the Lodge and is a really good ritualist. He took the part of King Solomon in the second section and again, I was very impressed with the delivery.
Auburn Union Park has a beautiful Lodge room
And here is our newest Brother. Brandon works for the Scottish Rite and I had asked him when he was going to get his degree. I planned to come down just to see him get his work. So it was a real nice treat for me to be able to participate in his degree and also for the first time to be a part of the Past Master's Degree Team. Many of these guys have given a lot of service to the Lodge. They have been Master more than one time. Some of them in more than one Lodge.

Now completely away from Lodge. _ Cause we aren't supposed to talk politics in Lodge - but this isn't Lodge it's my blog. One real advantage of going there tonight was that I did not have to listen to the lies at the Republiscum convention. It is bad enough to hear them lie about Barak Obama on their commercials but what really bothers me is that people believe them. There are so many brainwashed people in this country who have listened to the religious crazies who lie to them and the politicians who pander to those people that I sometimes think I shall go find a cave and take my books to read and hide out. In the meantime Bailey and I are going to go to bed soon. Thanks for stopping by, Hugs

No comments: