Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warning Graphic Photos

The pictures below are of my foot. They get graphic so you may not want to scroll down. (But I bet you do.) One week ago yesterday I had surgery done on my large right toe. It was not painful (because I was under) during the surgery or after. Probably due to the diabetes. I can feel but I don't have pain. It bled some and I had to keep off the foot and have it elevated all week long. No showers and rested it on a pillow to keep it up in the air. It must have worked, did take a shower today. Since I sit to take a shower because of my ankle fusion operation but today I did. No "spit bath" today.. I wrapped the entire foot in a towel and taped it. Then I put a large garbage bag over the lower leg and tied it. I was then able to shower and get clean for the first time in a week. Wonderful.

















This is my Doctor. He is one of the nicest guys I know and if this works I will miss seeing him. (I told him about the way I took the shower and he gave me permission to do it. So I will be clean. I hate not being able to shower .











He came in and removed the old bandage


I had not even had the surgical shoe off for a week. Sleeping in it. That ends tonight















Here come the graphic pictures












You can see the ulcer on the bottom of the toe which is what caused this whole thing. He "said" it looked good. Not to me but he is the Doctor




















A new (purple) bandage and I can wear a nice black sock over it so that it will at least look better







I am so very grateful for Dr. S. By the way he told me the reasons behing the wait last week before surgery. It seems there was a glitch with the new computer system and his orders had not gone through and to top it off some lady was having a baby and there were complications so they had to be there. I can certainly understand that. I put a lot of it (my being upset) to stress and not having eaten anything. I get mean when I am hungry. Thanks for stopping by. j

No comments: