Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAPPY DAY

Well, I had to fast last night. Starting at 7:00 PM nothing but water. I am going to one of my doctors tomorrow and had to have nothing but water, Nothing but water. Last time I forgot and ate a piece of chocolate before bed and had to change my appointment. So when I was awakened at 3:30 AM by Bailey wanting to go outside I was dreaming about eating a waffle. It has been years since I had a waffle, I love them. The next time I woke up (again Bailey) I was at a buffet. Then I went back to bed and slept until 9:30 when the phone rang in the next room. I did not get up to answer it. It was a little lady from Boone trying to change a Dr.'s appointment.

So I got up, peed in the cup and went over to let them draw blood so that when I go to the Dr. (Alexander) he will know what is going on with me.

Then I had a foot doctor's appointment. We decided I would have the surgery he has been suggesting for awhile now. July 19, the day Jon gets back.. I have an appointment at 6:00 AM. I am supposed to have someone take me over and I am not sure how I am going to work that as Jon won't be back and with Ginny in the wheelchair she can't get there.

I will be in a "boot" for at least two weeks and unable to shower. Probably won't be able to drive for a week or so and I will have to miss the degree scheduled in Des Moines for that week. I hope things work out. I am not going to worry about it. Maybe I will just walk over...of course I will have problems walking back with the foot.

It is my right foot. The left one is already in a "boot" as I had ankle fusion surgery on it. It is no fun getting old.

I did have fun however, I took my sister to Red Lobster for lunch (I won't have to eat this evening but I probably will because it is Lodge night and I ordered a meal) - We had a great lunch. I don't like all fish but I did love the honey glazed shrimp and the lobster. And the lobster pizza appetizer. Good food, a great waiter and good company. I put this on Facebook last night

I was 10 years old and I can still remember the excited feeling when my grandmother told me I had a sister. So if there is a tear in my eye it is of happiness that you have been in my life for 58 years
It is really nice to have her back in Ames so we can do this sort of thing once in awhile. So, Happy Anniversary of your birth Sis. Many more..


And also because it is Canada Day and I found this somewhere else I thought I'd share.


No comments: