Monday, July 5, 2010

Miles on Monday

Miles experienced his first Fourth. And he was not happy.

For some reason last night he was very restless. I was reading my book and he began to pace. He would not settle down. He went back and forth (on the Fourth - sorry I could not resist) circled the place and would not leave me alone. At one time he got behind the recliner and put both front paws up on the back and peeked out over the top. Next he tried to climb on my lap. Poor baby!

I began to realize that there were popping noises in the far distance and figured out that he, having much better hearing than I, was hearing the fireworks from all over the town.
Someone in the neighborhood was also setting off some noisemakers and it was all making Miles very nervous.

I decided to go to bed to read - thinking that perhaps the bedroom would be insulated enough that he would not hear them. I let him out. He took three steps out back and turned around to come in. Again standing on his hind legs begging to get back in.

So, it was off to bed. It did not help. Next thing I knew he was peeking up over the top of the bed and then he was up on the bed. He spent the night up there. He does not like to jump up on things and hates getting down even more. But he made it up and at 1:45 Bailey decided that he was going to be let out. I have decided that Bailey being let out every hour overnight is not going to happen so when he came back in he went to the Kennel and Miles and I spent the rest of the night sleeping happily on my bed. Although I must admit that his panting made the bed feel sort of like those "magic fingers" beds we used to put quarters in for the vibration. (Boy that dates me)

Things are normal now. He is chewing on something and relaxing in the living room and you now have the update. I took the pictures when I got up to let Bailey out who is also in his normal place under the couch. Happy Monday, everyone. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

my poor cats were nervous wrecks all night
we have some really ridiculous neighbors who love fireworks

Miles has such a sweet face, even when he's anxious

Happy Monday