Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jon in Spain - Barcelona


Just got back from Barcelona. Overall, not as interesting as Rome, but pretty close.

More so than I would have realized. Definitely enjoyed the trip to Barcelona more than my trip to the Rome. Got back late around 11:30.

Host mother still fed me leftovers. Mercedes really is wonderful. Told both her and Vincete about my weekend. Vincete and I agree when you walk inside the Segrada Familia you are taken aback and awed by the inside.
As interesting and impressive as the exterior is, it does not prepare you for how fantastic the interior is, even though you can only see a little and even though its been in the midst of being constructed for 80 years and still has a longs ways to go. Wow.
Vincete showed me pictures of Mercedes and him in Barcelona and down by Carpe. As we are talking a girl comes in. I guess there is another student now living with us. I only spoke briefly, but i think shes British. Very interesting. Anyway. I should sleep.

No comments: