Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Diary

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&


Jon is back from Spain. He had problems with his ticket and had to fly to DC for a 4 hour layover and had been up for 26 hours last I heard from him. I think Miles knows as he is restless. I may not see him for awhile as he is doing laundry tonight (staying at his Dad's) and I have a Dr.'s appointment and a Meet and Greet tomorrow and another Dr.s appointment on Thursday (there was a glitch that has to be checked out) I am not Not looking forward to any of this.

At least I get to catch up on my reading. I read a fun book last night. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Roderick Rules - I used to have shelves of kids books in my classroom and I enjoyed reading them so every once in awhile I get one and read it and then give it to a kid.

This series is a fun series and is written for kids a little younger than what I taught but they would have enjoyed it. It was so short it did not make it to the "What I Am Reading" on the Sidebar.

I have been watching the HBO mini series
John Adams. HBO reran it just before the 4th back to back so I saved it and kept in and now I am watching it. I am enjoying it very much. I had read the book it is based on and the stars are very good. I actually got the feeling that I was there where it all happened.

Independence Hall in Philadelphia looks just as it did when I visited there on one of my trips back east. It was an incredible feeling to stand in the room where our country was conceived, mid-wifed and born.

Now we are going through some of the same problems which they had back then and people are arguing with one another. If you take the time to scroll to the bottom of the blog you can read my mini-manifesto I really believe that we can solve our problems if we get ego out of the way and learn to work together. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

No comments: