Saturday, July 10, 2010

Roadside Rhapsody - Photos by Bob Kelly

Friday afternoon I searched out seldom used country, gravel roads and admired what I saw near my window, in the ditches, along the side of the road, or in nearby fields. I found a rhapsody of colors, textures, and visual delights along the roadway. If you would like to experience this get off of the asphalt blacktop roads, and find some gravel ones. As you go slowly with the windows down you can see, hear, and smell the delights that are there. I have purposely not identified all the flowers and plants here, as I though it would sound too technical, plus in this instance the visual message IS the rhapsody.












3 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Ur-spo said...

such lovely photos, indeed.

Is there much actual prairie any more in Iowa - viz. 'real' turf ?

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Not really a lot. Just little patches here and there around the state. Some larger ones here and there. There is one up behind the Ames High School.