Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday Notes - The Last Airbender


There is a new flower coming up in the prairie garden. Well actually this is up close to the house. I believe it is called a Cone flower. I love seeing the variety of plants which are coming up. Jon did a good job choosing and planting the prairie.
Last night I put Bailey in the kennel after he woke me at 4 AM...4AM..if I had not I would never have finished my nights sleep. As it happens I went back to sleep and did not wake up until 10:24 when I heard the poor little guy barking to be let out. He does not pee in the kennel. My coffee pot shuts off automatically at 9:00 and so I had lukewarm coffee today. Ginny stopped by to pick up some mail and we had a nice visit. She had been to the dentist. Miles likes her but he nips at her and I don't allow that. Linda says that if we let him do that he will become a biter and we don't want that. Found out his birthday is July 21. He will be 1 year old.
I went out to Battle's Bar B Que for supper and for the first time the meat was kind of dry. But still tasty. Then it was off to the movie. I went to see The Last Airbender. I do not recommend it. I went to the 3 D version and it was OK from that standpoint but wearing 3 - D glasses over my regular glasses is not very comfortable. I kicked my diet coke (I don't know why they don't sell Zero there - so much better) over and lost about a third of it. Read a review here.
Roger Ebert's is here.
Another here.
Nobody liked it. I found it plodding, simplistic and not worth the time nor money I spent on it. The most painful was watching the young Airbender wiggle around waiving his arms like some bird for long drawn out sequences. I almost got up and left. I did like some of the special effects but as you can see from the pictures accompanying this post Nature's special effects were far more spectacular. I caught the tail end of the sunset and share these photos with you.
Now I am catching up on some things I saved on my DVR. Currently watching a PBS program on Andrew Jackson. Also starting to do laundry. Life is such fun. Thanks for stopping by.
There is a Third Degree at Arcadia tomorrow night and I have some work to do tomorrow but there is not much happening. I miss my friends have been sitting around reading too much.

No comments: