Friday, July 2, 2010

Doctor Doctor Doctor


As thouse of you who follow this blog know yesterday I went up and gave blood and other "stuff" at the lab so that when I went to see the doctor today he would have the information he needed to tell me that things were good.

And he did!

I know nothing about numbers but Dr. Alexander said they were good. Not that I don't have problems but I am holding my own and not deteriorating. My cholesterol is in a good range and the "bad" cholesterol was also a good number. He showed me some graphs and we had a nice chat and he told me to keep on doing what I had been doing.

And I don't have to go back for 9 months.

That is one Doctor down and two to go. For about two years I have been going out to see my foot doctor trying to get a small wound on my large toe healed. It hasn't been working so he suggests that I have some surgery done on it. So on the 19th I have to be at the hospital at 6 AM in the morning to have a little spur removed from the bone on my toe and then about 6 weeks of recovery. I won't be able to shower and I don't have a tub so I doubt you will want to be around me. Spit baths aren't really satisfactory but I will do what I have to do.

Before I have that done I get to see my primary care Doctor for a pre-op physical. You know for a former Christian Scientist I am having a lot to do with Doctors lately. But I do appreciate what they are doing for me and if it weren't for them I would be dead. So considering the alternative I guess I am grateful that I live in this country and have the care I have. Now if the politicians would just keep their noses out of things we might be doing all right.

If I could lose some weight I would be doing better. I think I am going to ask Dr. Wolfe to prescribe some physical therapy for my knees and maybe increased activity will help with the other problems. We will see. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

No comments: