Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nice to be Home


We left Houston and drove to Dallas on Sunday. Basically that part of the trip was pretty boring although we did drive past an enormous statue of Sam Houston. Then we stopped in Dallas to eat lunch with Amy and Lee (It was delightful) and pick up my stuff which I had left there.

We were able to press on to Muscogee where we stayed overnight. I think I told you all of this before. We used the Mapquest map to get home and it took us North on 71 which was closed so we had to go over and come up US 69. The same 69 which runs through Ames. It was raining when we started out so we were not as able to go as fast as we could on the interstates but we made good time and got into Ames about 3:30. They had had a lot of rain down there and the creeks were full and there was water standing on both sides of the road in many places. The countryside was beautiful but the prettiest part of the trip was in southern Iowa.


The House was stuffy and hot because Jon hadn't turned on the Air Conditioner. I unpacked and threw things around and made a mess. Then I jumped in the shower and got on clean clothes and drove to Des Moines for the Acanthus stated meeting. I know I was probably crazy but I really didn't want to sit around in the heat and what better place to go than to Lodge to be with my Brothers?

After a good meeting I waited while the officers had a meeting and then adjourned to Christopher's for the sixth Libations and good conversation. When I got home Jon was here and we had a good chat but I was exhausted. I got to bed around 12:30 and the boys wanted up around 6:20. I put them off until 7:00 and here I am writing the last entry about the trip. It was a good trip but I am happy to be home. Now the work begins again. You are loved! Be Happy! Hugs, j

1 comment:

Larry said...

Welcome back!!! I'm glad to see you enjoyed your trip....I somehow knew that you would make it down to that meeting :-)

Well, I'm getting ready to head over to Nevada for a first. See ya later.