Friday, June 1, 2007

Long Day

Well, I got the Internet to work here in Edmond, Oklahoma. It is just north of Oklahoma City. We left Ames about 10:00 AM and drove to Des Moines and stopped at Costco to get gas. Glenn drove that far and I took over and drove the rest of the day. We got here at 8:00 and went to eat and then to our rooms. I was able to get on line and check my e-mail but if you are going to write me for the next week or so use the JaycoleS@gmail.com as it is easier to go on it to use it.

Actually it probably won't make much of a difference cause I will still have to check things on AOL. It was a pretty nice day started out and ended in rain. Once south of Kansas City the topography changed and we went through cattle country. Glenn told me that the brown cattle ate more than the white cattle. It took me a while to realize that was because there were more brown cattle in the field than there were white. Duh!

Traffic was relatively light - We only got off the road twice and otherwise the trip was uneventful and we just enjoyed the day. I am stiff and tired so I think I will get into bed and sign off for today. Tomorrow I get off in Dallas and Glenn and Freddie continue on to San Antonio. I am looking forward to the stay in Dallas.

Be Loved. Hugs. j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay:

It is still a long drive from KC to Dallas. Enjoy Dallas when you get there. There are some great restaurants there. But rest up; Texas, as you know, is a big state.