Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday Rant

I get so sad when I hear the news about increased bombings in North Africa and more deaths in Iraq. I saw a news spot about soldiers leaving home and telling their kids good bye. I have been brooding on that for a long time. I hear things that put others down all the time. There are people who make jokes about gay people. Someone said that it stood for "Got Aids Yet" I told him it stood for "Good As You" - I know he thought it was being said in jest but that kind of jest hurts people. When I was in high school I did not know any black people. Since then I have met many and consider them to be good friends. They did not deserve the jokes at their expense any more than the Mexicans do today. Gays can't help being gay and the homophobes who go around and picket funerals with "God Hates Fags" signs just piss me off. God doesn't hate. God is Love and he loves all his creation. Even the non Christian.

Jesus made it clear when He was here what God wants. He did not condemn the woman taken in adultery. He said something like "Judge Not" - He said "Suffer the little children." He condemned, Scribes, Pharisees and hypocrites. Seems to me the world is full of them today. The Republiscums (Not the real Republicans) are always bashing someone. They have their big elephant noses in everything. I can't see how it would hurt for two women or two men to enter into a marriage and raise children nor how it would harm their marriages.. After all they are just going to get a divorce and marry a younger person anyway. Case in point, Newt Gingrich and the woman who shared my table at the wedding.

All of these things get me to brooding and I needed someone to talk to about it and guess what folks you get to be it. I know some of you who read this blog and I appreciate you a lot. I know others have decided it is too much to keep up with and have not read it. Be that as it may I appreciate my readers. As I said before it is a way of communicating with my sister and my best friend although I don't know if he still reads it. I got the nicest e-mail from Ginny last night. She has been through hell and still tries to be optimistic I am glad she has found such a great guy and is doing so well in her life. She has regrets (mainly that she didn't hug people more and tell them how much they meant to her. Hugs help. Sometimes just a look and a smile makes the bad go away.

I guess this has turned into a rant after all. Take a look at this little film on Youtube. Numa Numa is a little song that always makes me feel better and these kids are cute. I think it was a home movie when the folks were away.

Be Happy, You are loved. Hugs help. j

No comments: