Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday


I added this so I could get it for my profile. Trying again. Just ignore it.




What a neat day. I got up and had my yogurt and relaxed while I waited for Amy and Lee to get up. They went to see "Knocked Up" with Lee's boss last night and I went to bed before they got home.

Then we went to their church for Sunday Service. It is the Fellowship Church at Plano and it was very interesting. It reminded me of the Cornerstone Church in Ames except they weren't selling coffee that you could take into church with you. They had a rock band playing loud music. Everyone was standing up during the singing and it was good music but I kind of missed the music I was used to. There was no altar or cross but the message was a good one. About enlarging our tents, lengthening our ropes and having deep tent stakes. It was given on a screen as this is a satellite church the message was about how we have to get children involved. I had always thought that the "Suffer the little children" scripture meant that we should accept God as little children do - without guile and gully accepting the message.

Then we went out for lunch a Viola. A French salad and bread place. It was very good. I am sure the salad I had was not a diet salad but frankly folks I have decided not to worry about the diet for a week.

Amy and I went to an Outlet mall and I got a new pair of sunglasses. I had left mine at home and really needed them as it is bright down here (although it was raining when I got up this morning).

We watched Helen Mirren in "The Queen" this afternoon. I love the movie and am a big fan of Helen Mirren. I have enjoyed many of her movies and TV shows. I had seen the movie but it moved me again and I realized that it had been 10 years since Diana, Princess of Wales had been killed.

After the movie we went to Abuelos which is probably the best Mexican Restaurant I have ever eaten in. The last picture is of me in the Hummer on the way home. The middle picture is of Amy and Lee's home "The Mansion" as my Aunt Jo refers to it and the top picture is of the church.

It is wonderful to be here. I am so relaxed. They are such good hosts and I love Harley. Hope you are all having a great time. Send E-mails and Be loved. Hugs. j

No comments: