Saturday, September 12, 2009

Grand Commander's Reception and an Update

Tonight I went to the Grand Commander's Reception at the Scottish Rite Temple in Des Moines.
Bryce and his lady Natalie had a wonderful evening. (The bow ties aren't regulation but Bryce got an OK from the Grand Master of the Grand Encampment and all the officers had them on (just for tonight) - I have known Sir Knight Bryce since he was about 7 or 8 years old. He has grown up around us in Masonry and I really place him as one of my top Masonic Friends. We have "memories" together of friends past such as Jerry Marsengill. He is very talented and has been a member of three Grand Lodge Families. His father is a Past Grand Commander and is working his way through the Grand Chapter Line. It was a real tribute to him tonight when I looked around the room and saw the distinguished audience and also the Brothers and York and Scottish Rite members who turned out to honor him. All in all it was a great evening and we had a wonderful time.
This is my friends Kurt and Lyssa. I got a great picture of them. Actually several and there are more at the on-line photo album here.
Our own Jedi Warrior Frank knighted Sir Knight Bryce as a Masonic Jedi Warrior.


David Dryer, Junior Past Grand Commander was also there. David is the new North Central District Commander for the Grand Encampment. (Couldn't get him in a bow tie though)
The Obligatory Pose, David and Mrs. Dryer.

In other news. There is a group of York Rite Leaders which I started consisting of the four top officers of each of the three York Rite bodies. in the state. We meet to discuss the Rite and what we can do to improve things. We had a good meeting today and there was some good discussion. Sometimes I get discouraged but when you get right down to it they are meeting and discussing things they can do to make things better for the Rite.

Miles slept with me last night. I was worried that he would whine and keep me up all night. He did whine a little but then he settled down and snuggled in the crook of my leg and watched the lighted face of the alarm clock all night. Bailey starts out the evening under the bed but sometime in the night he crawls up to sleep on top also. While they are both little it is fine. As Miles gets bigger (He is a collie and they are pretty big dogs) I doubt that will continue. In the meantime I am not sleeping alone. (He did fall off the end of the bed last night but that only happened once. He is a smart dog.)

Aunt Jo is back from the lake and Jon said she was down to see him. She used to have a Collie. Her name was Lonnie and she was a big beautiful dog who used to keep my cousin Christine out of the street. She would herd her back to safety. Jo gave her approval to Miles. I am really happy Jon has him. BTW the kennel where Jon got him has a web site here. You can see some of the other puppies and his mother on their site.

Thanks for stopping by. I must now go put the throw rugs from the bathroom in the washer before I go to bed. Accident. Better there than on my new carpet (that has happened also but Jon has a great spray carpet cleaner) ARTYAL. Hugs, j

No comments: