Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Making Movies II

They were filming on the front steps this morning when I got to the Scottish Rite Masonic Center. I had to wend my way through technicians, grips, juicers, and security guards.
The camera is on a little track so it can slide back and forth without jumps.
There are semi-trucks full of equipment all around the building. However the reason I took this picture is because it shows the Consistory Building reflected in the windows of the building across the street. (American Enterprise Insurance)


The "office" set in the auditorium was not supposed to be a lawyer's office as I guessed yesterday but rather the pawn broker's office. The actor was in place and they were taking levels when I got these shots.
Below is Nick Stahl, one of the stars. I did not get a great shot of him but I did not want to interrupt the proceedings. And it is fuzzy. I will try to get a better shot sometime.
Everybody has a job to do and they are sort of like a swarm all over the place. It is great.

Rolls of tape are among the "necessaries" They use it all over for all sorts of things.
They had a couple of monitors set up where you could see what the camera was seeing.
This was not a real policeman. Real policemen eat dougnuts and this one was eating a granola bar.

The library has become a living room.

You can view all of the pictures I have taken by clicking here. Album 1 Album 2

They do not have a still photographer for the movie so they asked if they could have my pictures. I gave them permission if they put my name in the credits. I was kidding but I think they might do it. I took a couple of little movies of them making movies also and when you watch Album 2 they will play. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, Enjoy

1 comment:

DonM said...

It just goes to show that sometimes a hobby can turn into a new job. I can see it now, Jay Cole Simser--Cinematographer. Bright lights. Red carpets. Papparazzi. Fawning starlets. Late night TV talk shows. Little gold statues on the shelf. Just make sure you don't forget us "little folks".