Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Lost Symbol


The book came yesterday and I sat down to read it. I read until 1:00 AM and had about 30 pages to go but by then my mind was boggling and my head was beginning to ache so I went to bed. Finished it this morning.

It was a good read.

It was favorable to the Masons.

I got my money's worth out of it.

Chris Hodopp has a review up about it (with no spoilers) here

There is a site here. That is a joint effort of the MSA, the George Washington Masonic Memorial, and the Masonic Society to address questions about the book.

I could write one but you can read his. He says it well. Come discuss it after you have read it. I will be glad to talk about the ideas. Thanks for stopping by, Hugs, j

5 comments:

DonM said...

OK, you beat me. By a lot. Of course I really didn't start reading seriously until about 8:00 PM and by midnight my eyes were blurry. Plus I knew I had to get up to go to work this morning. So I am only about 1/3 of the way through it.

At least the first third gives really good press to the Fraternity. If this continues, and it sounds like it does, I will be elated.

The really interesting things will be what that does regarding interest in the craft. The other books and movies created quite a stir and ltos of intereset and several new members. Of course the comments then were somewhat contoversial. This time, it is almost as if Brown had enlisted a very well read Mason to help him write sections. Perhaps such straigtforward writing and explanation will not be as effective in interesting others than the innuendos and insinuations.

Ginny Jackson said...

Hi,
ABC news had a "spot" on last night's news about the book. They interviewed the head "honcho" of the Masons. I imagine you can find the clip somewhere.
Ginny

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Masons are going to get a lot of "play" from this. There are so many head "honchos' in our Fraternity - Wonder who they talked to???

John Shuck said...

I haven't even got it in the mail yet! Amazon said they sent it today! Dan Brown is a fun read. Looking forward to it!

kenju said...

Thanks, Jay. I am really looking forward to reading it.