Sunday, September 27, 2009

New TV Season


Yeah, I know Don, I shouldn't be interested in TV but I am and there is at least one new show I like. It is called FlashForward. It stars Joseph Fiennes and it is good drama. The entire premise is that the entire world (except for one person, subject Zero) flashes forward for about 2 minutes and 17 seconds.
This puzzling incident befalls all conscious citizens of the planet Earth. “Flash Forward” is based on a novel by the same name by Canadian Sci-Fi writer Robert J. Sawyer and describes the mayhem that ensues when several billion people suddenly go unconscious simultaneously for 2 minutes and have a vision of what they will be doing 6 months in the future. “Flash Forward” also stars Courtney Vance and John Cho (sulu!) More here.

Thanks to the magic of TiVo I was able to watch the show this afternoon when I finally finished my book. Yes I know I should have been writing three sets of minutes and processing dues checks but today was MY day. And I needed it.

Desparate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters started tonight. They are two of my favorites. I also sort of watched some of the comedy shows Cougar Town is kind of fun (Addendum: -it wasn't Cougar Town I had watched but another one of the same premise Older woman younger man - I just watched Cougar Town and the only thing it has going for it is that one of the actors from "my" soap is on it.) and I am really glad that the Big Bang Theory has returned. I hope they all have "staying power" - I won't be watching the "reality" shows they are too unreal. It is going to be interesting to see which shows make it and which don't. I kind of like "The Good Wife" but it is another "wronged wife struggling to make it with everybody against her and her husband trying to manipulate things from prison." Not sure it is going to make it or not. I most likely will go back to reading more and watching less. NCSI is back on and they now have a spin off set in LA. Not sure I am going to watch either of them. NCIS is going a bit off the wall for me and I am not sure I will care to watch it much more.

Perhaps it is just me, I am also getting tired of reading the Blogs, especially the political ones. It seems as if politicians make promises and then break them. Doesn't matter which party. Also I am getting turned off from some of the religious ones. There are some who are great and I never get tired of them but there are a few who seem to think that ... well I am not going to go there. I think perhaps that I need a blogbreak, But then I wonder what my blog friends have to say so I go read...and I enjoy it. Perhaps it is just time to let the political blogs go. I have been delisting some -one in particular, Oh I know what I need. I need to go to see a movie and eat some pop corn... Sometimes (Mr. Antrobus) you just have to go out to a movie... But there is only one of those coming up that I really want to see - November 20- The Blind Side. Enough grousing... I'm just babbling anyway. Thanks for stopping by ARTYAL, Hugs, j

4 comments:

Nessa said...

I always record my favorite shows and then watch them as the mood strikes. Fastforward does sound interesting.

DonM said...

Ah, POPCORN. Last evening, my wife and I decided to go retro and make real popcorn. No microwave corn with artificially flavored goo on it. Real, honest to Gosh popcorn with butter. NOT MARGARINE, Real butter made from the milk of a real cow. OK, we didn't go totally retro. We didn't light a fire and break out the popcorn basket. But we did root around in the cupboard to find a jar of regular popcorn, (I won't say how long it had been there, but it still worked and still tasted fine.)and dug way back into the appliance barn to find the hot air popper.

Then we popped up three batches, I think it is 1/4 C per batch. It made huge tupperware bowl full of corn. Then we melted one entire stick of butter and poured it over the top. Then the salt shaker came out and was used liberally. (No Jay, I am not conservative about all things.) I even put some cheese flavored salt on my bowlful. Yummy. All the grease is butter, so it tastes good. No transfats, jsut regular fully saturated butter fat. Cannot be beat.

Dianne said...

I love Brothers and Sisters and last night's epi did not diappoint!!

you were probably watching Accidentally on Purpose and thought it was Cougar Town
LOL

I had mixed feelings about Flash Forward, I'm going to give it another try

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Yep, That is what it was. - Brothers and Sisters is awesome. but I always feel I have been through the wringer after watching it.