Saturday, December 12, 2009

Arcadia Lodge Holiday Party








The tree was decorated
















The tables were set with Poinsettias in the center.












Brother Jeremy had been working all day preparing the Holiday dinner. This is the fifth year in a row that Jeremy has done this for the Lodge. He is a pretty good cook and his cheesy potatoes are to die for.



































Everything was very nice and the helpers served the meal family style. No one went away hungry.



















The little video is R,W. Brother Bill Yungclas reciting the poem "Jest fore Christmas" I used to read it to my kids but it is really nice to hear it recited. Of course he had to give the background for the younger folks in the audience. Enjoy the video.



















2 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

I want some cheesy potatoes! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Bill Yungclas' recitation of "Just 'fore Christmas" brought a bright spot to this Sunday morning. I remember well my mother doing that very same recitation, and how much I loved hearing it. This video gave me a pleasant moment with my mother who has been gone since 1985. Thanks for the memories. Dave Slater