Friday, December 18, 2009

Wordzzle

As always click on the button to see the guidelines. And don't forget to go to Raven's Nest to see all the others.

Words for this week's 10-word challenge are: spaghetti, woe is me, mythology, avarice, windy, pathetic, paper towels, water, all my children, books

And for the mini: best deals of the week, Nobel Peace Prize, sleep deprived, cauliflower, practice

Phrog was feeling much better, the past two weeks had been difficult and he was looking forward to a nice supper with the Salamander Sisters. Sallyie and Saydie had planned to take him to a
spaghetti parlor to participate in one of the best deals of the week
"Woe is me," said Sallyie. "I was sure that you would win the Nobel Peace Prize, this year after all of your work to bring peace between the Dragons and the Order."

"I agree," chimed in Saydie, "Phrog should have won the prize. After all he won a place in the Dragon's
mythology. Poor sleep deprived dragons."

"The a
avarice of the dragons is well known," said Sallyie. They like to lay claim to everything and it was Phrog deciding to leave the secret headquarters of the Order so that they could have it and thus avoid war. So he should have won it."

(Just then the chef walked in wondering if he should include
cauliflower in the menu for the banquet he was planning for next week.)

"If it is to windy the practice for the dramatic presentation planned for the grand banquet would have to be cancelled". continued Sallyie, ignoring the chef.

Well, that is just pathetic and it is not right," said Saydie. Oh, please had me those paper towels, I just spilled water over all my children, their pictures and their books.


Words for next week's 10-word challenge are: space cadet, silver lining, wood, turtle soup, minaret, ice, grease, sales, mandala, mug


And for the mini: broken bones, slide rule, garbage, Chinese, sanguine

2 comments:

Raven said...

Well done as always. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season wrapped in the love of friends and family... I know you and the Freemasons do much to enrich the holidays for others and that in itself should make it a great season. I haven't been myself for a while and I'm hoping that somehow I'll get back my enthusiasm in the coming year. Thanks for wordzzling with me from the beginning.

Argent said...

The Nobel committee should re-think and award the prize where it's due.

Merrt Christmas to you and yours!