Thursday, December 10, 2009

Some Gratitude


I found this on a blog this morning and have ordered the CD. Iowa Public Television used to run the Boston Pops shows and I loved them. I have been a fan of the Pops since Arthur Feidler was the conductor.

I was fortunate to see them when I was in Boston a few years ago. It was really an incredible experience. The ticket was $65 but I am glad that I was able to go.

The connections we have through television and the Internet are mind boggling to me. I used to have to use a phonograph and then the long play albums. (I had an incredible Boston Pops album along with Rachmaninoff and lots of Jazz. Now I have a Boise stereo and a Sony CD machine that holds 300 CD's. I suppose I could get an Ipod but enough is enough. As to the library. I have a lot of books and I still like to read them but at least 5 times a day I will "google" something to find out further information. Much faster than having to find it in a book.

The thing i really like today is the Internet. It has connected me to so many people. I have a former student living in The Netherlands, two of them in Seattle, and a Madpriest in the UK that I can connect with once or twice a week or daily in the case of Madpriest who blogs. I have 190 people who "follow" my blog, have had almost 110,000 hits (about half of them me editing but no matter) I can follow my friend Bob on his incredible adventure to Antarctica (he even telephoned me from there using the computer) - Anyway it is just awesome and I am grateful for it. Especially when it is a F&^%ing cold outside and I am stuck inside. Thanks for stopping by. Stay Warm.... Hugs, j

1 comment:

MadPriest said...

110000 in a couple of years?!
Hey - that's major player status, Mr Simser. Well done!