Wednesday, December 16, 2009

York Rite Christmas Party

I didn't take a lot of pictures tonight. Too busy talking. The York Rite in downtown Des Moines (I am a dual member) held their Christmas Observance and Party tonight. Excellent food and fellowship and I met some new members of our Rite.










Thanks for stopping by.



















Notice the nice blue and grey ensemble which our North Central Department Commander (David Dryer) is wearing. I would really like to see our Grand York Rite Officers wearing something like this.

The emblems in the breast pocket could be changed depending on the office you hold and then is would be distinguished and stand out. But it would be a hard tradition to change. They seem to like the red, purple and gold coats (though thankfully the Commandery is not wearing them this year) which make it look like the circus is in town. Oh well, just me on my soap box again. ARTYAL, Hugs,

2 comments:

Bryce said...

I agree those colors make us look like the circus or shriners. No gold coats for Grand Commandery this year. Like the pocket emblem idea.

DonM said...

I didn't wear the purple coats when I was GM of Grand Council. Thought a regular suit looked much more business-like. Still do. I'm not even all that fond of the pocket emblem. I see nothing wrong with a plain name tag/badge, as long as it is not garish and huge.

Those who know what the coat colors stand for, already know who we are. Those who want to wear a garish/huge name tag seem to be just looking for attention.

Better to be recognized by our actions.