Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My World and Welcome To It!

I took some pictures out the door today. I was not shoveled out until 5:20 PM but it is all right as I did not want to venture out today anyway.
You can click on the pictures to embiggen them. Jon came over to shovel the ramp so the dogs could have a place to go outside to go to the bathroom. Bailey would not go further than two feet from the door and Miles went about two yards to do his "business" and then it was right back in.





The snow has stopped everything. After the Masonic Service last evening I hibernated and will continue to do so. It has not gotten above 10 degrees on my outdoor thermomenter



When I was in the hospital I received a Norfolk Pine. It was really nice and I have kept it all this time. It now looks like this since I went out to the kitchen and discovered that Miles had destroyed it. The joys of living with a puppy. He has also decimated the Peace lily I got when my mother passed on 15 years ago. I don't think it can be saved. I took a couple of videos of Miles outside and of Miles, Jon and Bailey. I misslabeled the one but you might enjoy them. The quality is not great as the camera clouded up but you can still see that Miles is having fun and Bailey is glad to have some space (even if he did get in over his head.) Stay warm. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL - Hugs.

5 comments:

Gpa Don said...

Be careful with shoveling snow, Jay.Have the kid do it. That's what I do.
Gpa Don
P.S.: "Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa!"

DonM said...

Enjoy the snow. I am glad to be missing it. I am in Japan, where it is about 50F. It was sunny earlier but now it is a light rain. The snow had started when I left Cedar Rapids Monday morning, but I missed the heavy stuff. And they closed Rockwell for a day, while I was in Japan and working long hours at tiresome meetings. And since my wife is having to deal with the snow, I suspect I will have a debt to pay when I get home late Saturday.

Oh wait, I got to try a new food. Perhaps you would not call it food. I don't think I do either. It was Blowfish testicles. Nasty stuff. Looks like a combination of brains, small worms, curdled milk, and/or worse. And it tastes about as bad as it looks. Good think for beer. It will wash anything down. This was the first course last night. I had to try some. Visiting a new company tonight, and guess what, they served it again. This time I passed. Even and old dog can learn to avoid really nasty stuff. Give me some raw fish, please. But make it the flesh or the fish, not the reproductive organs.

Dianne said...

I love Miles and Bailey in the 2nd video
Miles appears to be celebrating the clear path by running back and forth on it
and I love the way he just hops right over Bailey

wonderful pups!!!
sorry about the puppy destruction
my cats are no longer kittens by any means yet still manage to destroy things

Ginny Jackson said...

Even with the snow I wish I was there! I love hearing Jon's voice and your laughter! After I dropped the couch on Murphy, I could tell when it was 2 degrees, she would do her business at the back of the yard and lay down. More than once I ran out barefoot to carry her in.

Ur-spo said...

brrrrr
I get cold just seeing all of this.
where are all the palm trees and cacti ?