Saturday, December 5, 2009

Eastern Star Masonic Home at Boone

It is my pleasure and honor to serve on the Eastern Star Masonic Home Board. This year I am the president of the Board and we held our meeting this morning. The Eastern Star Grand Officers were there for the annual visit to the home. This is the lounge where we hold our meetings. The Home is decorated for the season
It was fun to run into Marcia from my days at school. She is now working for DMACC as a Nurse Instructor. (She promised me a piece of cake from my mother's recipe sometime. I am looking forward to it.)
There has been a lot of remodeling going on in the Health Care Center. This is one of two dining rooms.
This used to be a nurses station and is now a beautiful lounge for the residents. The (very) large screen TV was showing some beautiful seasonal pictures along with music of the season.
This is one of two nurses stations.

The other dining room. I don't know who this girl was but I asked her if she was writing a letter to Santa Claus. (she said she wasn't)

The area in front of the lounge has a fireplace
Even the clocks are decorated.
Another view of the fire place looking through to the new lounge.

Denny Bock is the administrator of the Home. He has been there for 30 years.
Dorothy is a very special resident. She finished 10 years on the Home Board and now resides at the Home. She has been Secretary of the Polk City Chapter for 60 years (I think)
Grand Officers delivered packages and caroled for the residents.
Even Santa was there.
Waiting for lunch. It is always delicious.
The main dining room


After the meeting I went to Des Moines to work in the Consistory Office. Today was the 33rd Degree Coronation and I took pictures. You can see them by going here. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

2 comments:

DonM said...

So what happens if you HATE Christmas music and you are locked up in (I mean residing in) the nursing home. Will they put on some Guns N Roses or AC/DC or Twisted Sister for you? Actually, Twisted Sister has an absolutely fantastic Christmas album called Twiested Christmas. You wouldn't believe how good "Oh Come ALl Ye faithful" sounds when combined with the guitar riffs of "We're Not Gonna Take it". I will never again hear either song without singing some of the lyrics from the other.

Ur-spo said...

the place looks lovely
If I live so long, I hope I end up in a place like this one.