Sunday, November 28, 2010

just sayin'

Beautiful sky tonight as I left Borders after spending my coupon, Then it was off to the grocery store where I made my more mundane purchases and then got a bottle of Dark Rum from the same folks over at Swisher who make Iowa Bourbon. I don't usually drink Rum and am not sure about it. I used to drink Rum and coke. Not sure how to drink it. Any suggestions. I can drink most things straight.

Other than that I have been a Lethargarian (The Lethargarians, small creatures who live in the Doldrums, who nap a lot.) today. If you are interested these folks can be found in Norton Juster's The Phantom Tollbooth.

I actually have been doing that for four days and you know, it was a blessing. I had forgotten what it was like not to have to go somewhere or be somewhere. I have read, napped and enjoyed the animals.

I also discovered Mediacom On Demand and watched some movies I had missed. Avatar, That Old Feeling, Cirque de' Freak...(one I had never heard of) and there are more. I also watched Bed Time Story on Starz. I was going to go see Cher's new movie but I read so many poor reviews I will wait til it comes out on Netflix. Oh yeah, I also watched Disney's Oceans and I read.

Wonderful Thanksgiving week-end. Self-indulging and lethargic. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs,

2 comments:

DonM said...

Jay, Pour that dark rum over just a couple ice cube and enjoy. Don't mix it with anything. The cheap white rum is for mixing. Now were it Scotch or Rye Whiskey, then you should leave the ice in the freezer.

Ur-spo said...

if you are in the doldrums - start thinking !