Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday Sojourn

Bob Allen and I went to Cedar Rapids today for St. Ignatius Conclave, Red Cross of Cosnstntine. Bob was the Viceroy and was elected and Installed as Sovereign of the Conclave. We both live in Ames and he belongs to St. Ignatius and I belong to St. Bartholomew which is chartered in Des Moines.
This is Barb Eggleston, widow of Tom Eggleston, the finest Mason I have ever known. He was Sovereign of St. Ignatius the same time I was Sovereign of St. Bartholomew. I went out of office in October and he went out in November. It was an honor to have her with us today.
Freddie Holmes in the center is the wife of Glenn Holmes, Past Intendent General - Suzie Reinhart wife of the presiding Sovereign is beside her. I am sorry Susie that I cut you off.
Since I am Intendent General I got to install officers today and preside at the College of Viceroys and Senate of Sovereigns, two special degrees for the heads of the organization.
And I got to present Bob with his Jewel and Marion with his Past Sovereign Jewel. I was honored to to this.
Bob Addressed the Conclave and I took an "official" portrait below.
But the nicest thing about the day was the trip over and back with Bob. He told me about what he did for his 75th Birthday a couple of weeks ago. He went skydiving and took a lot of his family with him Bob is incredible. I could not do it. He directed me to a couple of videos that show the experience and they are below. One is of his sky dive and the other of this granddaughter Beth. Enjoy.

No comments: