Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday


No comment
I mailed my Netflix that I watched last night and saw that the Methodists are tearing down the old Fareway store. They are going to build a new Community Outreach Center in that space. It will be a real asset to the Community. The church does good work.
Then below a picture of a tree a block over reminded me that not all the trees are bare.
I have been being a little introspective of late and wrote the following:

Masonry is not ritual. It is not leadership, it is not educational papers presented in lodge, it is not family activities, it is not historical research. All of those are a part of Masonry but at the bottom line Masonry is friendship and Brotherhood. There is a reason why we use the scripture "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity."

There is more to it but the rest is private.

I had lunch with my sister today. Went to Wallaby's - I could not finish the hamburger so I will have the rest of it for supper. Did I mention that I went to the Dr. on Monday and he put me on a new medicine. Hopefully that will bring my blood sugars down a little. Such fun.

Thursday is Lodge election and Past Master's Night at Arcadia. I am going but I won't be elected to any office. I have decided to use the scripture "Better a handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit."

A thought on friendship- True friendship happens when both are "givers" - Friendship needs nurturing from both sides.

No comments: