Sunday, November 21, 2010

just saying


Randomness from the week

Found this and I agree with it.

Just sayin that I hope all those people who think they were voting against incumbents because they believed conservative candidates had an acceptable plan to achieve cuts are having just a little bit of buyer's remorse.
.R.K. Barry

All I have heard from the conservative candidates are plans to disrupt, delay and cancel the progress (such as it is) made during the last two years. I really worry about the disengagement of the voters who wanted change and the man who was going to bring us change and yet seems afraid to use the power we gave him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I do not understand why Iowa has an Iowa Liquor Commission that is the only one allowed to sell liquor in the state of Iowa. The distributors must sell through them and the price goes up accordingly. There is no reason for this except to make alcohol more expensive and place another (unnecessary) tax on those of us who purchase adult beverages.. I cannot order wine from the winery out of state which has time to time special deals on their wine because it has to go through the Iowa Liquor Commission. There needs to be a change. We are not babies that our type of booze needs to be rationed. Do we believe in free enterprise? Why should the state be involved with liquor sales? I know that if they were out of the business I could get my single malt much more cheaply at Costco.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Those politicians in their $1000 suits deciding on how to cut the deficit by cutting Social Security really piss me off. They could really cut the deficit by shutting down the war machine. But they lie to us and try to scare us - James Madison said it best

Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes, the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the executive is extended….No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.. James Madison, 1792

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That's gone up on the sidebar for awhile..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let us all remember the first Christian principles – love of God and love of our neighbour. Our divided world needs a united church.

Bishop Michael Ingham Canadian Anglican

first Christian principles????? they are the only Christian principles. It is unfortunate than so very many "Christians" have lost sight of that and give lip service only to them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of my new "discoveries is Levi Kreis I just got one of his CD's from Amazon and this is part of one of the tunes I heard on it.

...friends grow together and friends grow apart
And friends get replaced even though it may hurt a friends heart
But aside all of this what i want more than anything else
Is to have just a moment when you stop pretending
You look at me in earnest
Admit that we're strangers
And You've no intention to face what you'd rather ignore

But I guess I'm the one left over
Cause we don't resemble who we were before
I guess once that ship has pulled out of that harbor
The things that had measure don't measure up anymore
It seems to fit things that have been happening in my life of late. I made some decisions that pissed people off and I got an e-mail and a letter and it seems I have two less friends. They think they know why I decided to pull back from some things but they don't and they won't unless they are willing to discuss it with me. In the meantime I shall leave them alone. People can talk about me if they want but unless they talk to me face to face nothing will be solved and the meantime I am the one left over. Everybody loses. It is a great song and it came to me just when I needed to hear it.

I used to have a private blog where I kept private thoughts and feelings and time to time things which happened to me. I had to shut it down because someone from out of State found it and was reading it. I recommend having one if you need to work through some things. It helps.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Everybody is fussing about the new TSA rules and pat downs. I put this up on the comments.

I will be driving to Idaho this summer. But if someone wants to touch me all over I will give them my address.
Just leave your e-mail in the comments.....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And finally on a positive note I found this. Posted it on Facebook but it bears repeating:

In the Kalamasutra, Buddha said:

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.


Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful week. among the things I am grateful for is this community of bloggers and folks from all over the world who stop by to see my prattling. I will try to do better. God Bless. j


1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

very good quotations, all
I am looknig forward to my pat down this Wednesday. I hope I don't smile too much.