Saturday, November 13, 2010

SUX

US 69 runs through Ames. In fact when I was in High School we lived right beside it.


Who are these people and why are they on this list?

1969 Gerard Butler, Scottish Actor
1967 Jimmy Kimmel, American Celebrity
1954 Chris Noth, American Actor
1953 Tracy Scoggins, Galveston, Texas, actress, Colbys, Gumshoe Kid
1949 Whoopi Goldberg, Caryn Johnson, New York City, actress, Color Purple, Burglar
1941 Dack Rambo, Delano California, actor, Guns of Will Sonnett, Dallas
1938 Jean Seberg, Marshaltown Iowa, actress, Breathless, Paint Your Wagon
1934 Garry Marshall, New York City, producer, Laverne and Shirley
1922 Madeleine Sherwood, Montreal, actress, Mother Superior-Flying Nun
1922 Oskar Werner, film actor and director, Shoes of the Fisherman, Das Ekel
1906 Hermione Baddeley, England, actress, Camp Runamuck, Maude, Good Life
1856 Justice Brandeis, American Lawyer
1850 Robert Louis Stevenson, Scotland, author, Treasure Island
1833 Edwin Thomas Booth, U.S., U.S. Hall of Fame/actor, Hamlet
1814 Joseph Hooker, Major General Union volunteers
354 Saint Augustine, born in Souk Ahras, Algeria, saint and Doctor of the Church, patron saint of brweers, printers, and theologians

They all share my birthdate November 13.

As such Astrology says:
Scorpios born on November 13 possess a powerful conscience and a strong desire for personal autonomy. Uniqueness is so important that they may adjust their opinions to deliberately conflict with others! They have a natural dignity and are humorous, spontaneous, and often lucky.

Scorpio Information
for November 13
You should embrace: Ethics,
appreciation, desire

You should avoid:
Irreverence,
ill-will, stress

Friends and Lovers

November 13 people have difficulty making friends. When they do make friends, it is a complicated process.(God knows that is true!) They seem destined to draw criticism of their love affairs. They often pick partners who are different from them in lifestyle, background, or religious beliefs.

{As a rule, Scorpios have few friends but are close to them. Scorpio men and women are loners who look to themselves to solve problems. It is often said that a Scorpio wants to know everyone's secrets but never willingly divulges his own. Scorpio natives have great wisdom and are often sought as life guides, even as gurus.} -truedat

Children and Family

People born on this date have a powerful connection to their upbringing. It is possible that they experienced an emotionally transforming period in childhood, which forever marked their development. They may have felt insecure about their appearance or social standing when little. They are strict parents and never allow their more tender feelings to get in the way of what they perceive to be their parental duty. (Doesn't count - no one I wanted to marry no one who wanted to marry me - no kids - no hassle - )

Health

People born on this date believe in taking control of their physical and spiritual well-being. They often follow the advice of a healer, guru, or spiritual counselor to understand the esoteric nature of life. Being healthy isn't a part-time occupation -- it's a lifetime quest. (That is BS. Health problems have to hit me in the face with a sledgehammer before I take notice.)

Career and Finances

November 13 individuals often follow a circuitous path to career success. They may start out in one field, only to be lured into another through circumstances. This appeals to their love of the unexpected. They are careful about money; their careful handling of assets is often born out of a fear that prosperity will not last. (More BS- I don't pay enough attention. Going under the adage "Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need - MBE)

Dreams and Goals

November 13 individuals want to achieve success on their terms. They know their talents, but, no matter what they have to offer, they will resist if they cannot do things their way. They strive to achieve a personal best and have no concern for others' opinions. (Again BS, I worry too much about others opinions... but I am getting better.)

Since I was born in 1941 that makes me a

sex·a·ge·nar·i·an

noun \ˌsek-sə-jə-ˈner-ē-ən\
: a person whose age is in the sixties. it is my last year to be a sexy. 69 years old. I can't say that my 6th decade has been all that much fun. In fact it started out as fun. The kids at school (the classes in my wing) all came in accompanied by a pink gorilla with a chocolate cow pie and sang to me.. It was downhill from there on. I had a couple of good years until my sister was in an accident and wound up in a wheel chair and I wound up very ill (600 blood glucose) and in the hospital with diabetes and flesh-eating bacteria and then later with a Charcot condition on my ankle which required ankle fusion surgery. And now one leg is shorter than the other (just call me Ileane). Found out some people I thought were friends were undermining me behind my back and working against me. Probably the beginning of not wanting to trust friends... One of the Lodge Brothers convinced me to come back and be an officer in Lodge so I did and I had fun for awhile but even that has suffered of late and I am no longer enjoying the heaviness of my involvement so I am getting out of some of that.

It sounds like it was all downhill - there were some good things that happened. I was involved with starting a new lodge and a new Rosicrucians here in Iowa, was appointed Intendent General for the Red Cross of Constantine for Iowa and received the Knight Commander Court of Honor for the Scottish Rite, Something I neither expected nor sought but was highly honored to receive. I made a couple of friends and lost others (its complicated) Be all that as it may I just need to pull back and take time for me...and besides with gasoline at almost $3 a gallon there just aren't going to be a lot of trips to Des Moines.

So today is the 69th anniversary of my birth. My sister is having me out to her place for dinner on Sunday but I will work at the Consistory in the morning tomorrow and probably just go to Costco to pick up some butter and get gas and then come home. I was hoping for lunch with a friend but that isn't going to work out. And it is just as well. I don't like my birth anniversary anyway. Never really have. (Don't have it posted on Facebook...people who want to (care enough) can remember it, Others don't need to worry about it.) . There was only one real time I enjoyed it when my friend made me....oh well I won't go there. I have a lot to be grateful for every day of the year and really what more could someone ask...ARTYAL Hugs, j

6 comments:

Mike said...

Happy Birthday Jay!

Anna09 said...

Happy birthday! I hope that all is good today for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jay!!!! Thanks for all the inspiration and amusement you
share with us on "Bailey's Buddy".
Bill in Carpinteria,CA.

kenju said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a fellow Scorpio!

"they may adjust their opinions to deliberately conflict with others!"

My husband says I do this with him!
LOL

Mike said...

Darn it Jay! I used your birthday's in history link to see which famous people share my birthday. Of course I was hoping for someone like Jefferson or John Marshall or even Tom Harkin. No: I get STEVE KING! Yes, THAT Steve King...

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Oh Mike, You have my deepest sympathy.