Tuesday, November 23, 2010

just saying



Went to Border's Monday night (coupon and Border's Bucks were calling me) As I walked in the door there were two Christmas trees. One was a dark purple the other a bright (neon) pink. The illustrations here are mild compared to those.

I gave the manager a bad time about it and he and another customer and I had a good conversation. I enjoy him. As I walked in the the first display had GWB' new book (just in time for Christmas giving) - I asked him how many of them found their way to the True Crime Section. I also noticed that the other book slated to go right next to it was a book described as "Palin" - just a folded piece of paper with the word written on it in pencil. Probably more interesting than the book.

I got a couple of books - one was the sequel to The Last Templar. Called The Templar Salvation. I will be putting the history book aside to read that because I need something to escape with.

I also got some Burt's Bees Lip Balm and it is in a little tin. I swear it took me 15 minutes to pry the damn thing open. I had to use a small screw driver. Honestly. It does help however. With the change in the blasted weather my lips were chapping... Have I mentioned just how little I like this time of year? Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

4 comments:

Anna09 said...

I'm a fan of Carmex, myself. That stuff keeps my lips from cracking, and if they do crack, it fixes 'em.

Knight said...

Wow those are hideous. Who in their right mind would put that in their home?

I love how those little tins feel in the palm of your hand but every time I need to open it I waste several minutes of life and I bite my open my lips in frustration.

DonM said...

I like the way Burt's Bees works better than Carmex. But I am not a big fan of their mint flavor, so I much prefer the vanilla flavor of the Carmex. The last tin of Burt's that I bought, I wan't sure I was ever going to get it open. Now that it has some of the contents smears on the edges for lubrication, it comes right open.

Hmmm, how curious. The word "bee" is part of the word verification box. Must be a conspiracy.

Ur-spo said...

i don't care for odd coloured trees either.