Thursday, November 18, 2010

Posted on Craig Ferguson's Facebook page.

I am done. I am finished watching your show and will unfriend your pages. You do not seem to understand that you and others like you who continually tell "gay" jokes are contributing to the gay suicides of our young people. You of all people should know what it is like to be put down for something you can't help. Gay people are born that way and do not have a choice. Would you make fun of an alcoholic? a black person, a drug addict? No, yes? And it is not "just a joke" that does not excuse your behavior... Or perhaps you just aren't able to come up with something else

I see that some people on those pages took me to task for my feelings about this and that is their right and opinion. It is sort of like some white person saying "I have black friends" (to justify their racism) when they say that Craig tells gay jokes so that even gay people can laugh about it. Maybe some people will laugh about his jokes but they just aren't funny when I read and hear about all the young people who are killing themselves over gay bullying and to me at least that is what he and other 'so called" comedians are doing. I am also sure that he has never read the posts I put up nor will he read this blog. But I needed to say it. Now I shall take him off my record status on my TV/DVR and bother him no more.

1 comment:

John said...

I know you useta like Craig the F. I've always found him only marginally amusing, and his gender bashing and potty mouth at best boring...

I live, despite rumor to the contrary.