Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Catching up





Well, it is Tuesday. (Actually it is Monday night when I am writing this but I won't publish until Tuesday.)  It has not been a great week-end.  Thursday after the University of Freemasonry Shane and I went out to eat at Centro.  We had a nice meal and good conversation.  The waiter left something to be desired but he got his tips anyway. My new transmission worked but there was a new noise so I decided to lay low for the week-end. 


Friday afternoon I went to see The Lincoln Lawyer and enjoyed it.  Saturday I had Eastern Star School and then Sunday I was going to go to another movie but didn't feel good so I stayed home.  I did go to the grocery store as I was completely out of everything.  Then on Monday the car went in to see what was wrong with it and they kept it all day. They aren't sure what it is but they found something else that needed fixing and put  some fluid in the other part (Can you tell I do not know much about cars except how to drive them.) Otherwise it would have been another $1300 dollar bill and I just spent that on the transmission,


I found out today that I have to pay $1500 in taxes and will again have to make quarterly payments of $700 to the IRS for next year.  I have decided that with gas prices what they are and my car not being reliable I had best confine my travels to Iowa and am not able to go to Boise this summer. It was sure nice that the Corporations and the Billionaires got such nice tax breaks...G E didn't even have to pay taxes. 

Other than those things I feel pretty good today. I hope that things are going well with you and that someone gives you a hug.. We all need them.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I agree about the last cartoon - I see so much hypocrisy viz. GOPers are doing exactly what they condemned when Bozo was president.