Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My World


The bill for my car was $1300+.  I had the money in my Travel Account. I may have to cancel my trip to Idaho depending upon Taxes which is the next thing on my list.  I had to wait until Jon could take me down to the station to get the car and I won't be asking him for a ride in his car again.  It is a Toyota and there is not enough room in it for me and it is very low to the ground.  I almost could not get out of it.


The Debit/Credit card was declined even though I had the money in the account and so I had to put it on the regular credit card so I will have to write a big check tomorrow to pay for it.  High Finance!


Then we have been having weather so the "boys" have been nervous and wanting in and out all afternoon.  Miles paces.  Bailey wanders and the cat was locked in the Basement.  She lets you know how she feels when she comes back upstairs.  Because of the weather the TV weatherman has been interrupting the TV and so it was impossible to watch NCIS.  The worst part is that he interrupted just as the story line culminated and I have no idea how the show ended.  I understand that they need to do this.  But there are times when they could put the information on a scroll line under the main picture and put it out that way instead of having him stumble through what he is doing and drawing on the weather map with his little tool.  I mean interrupting to tell us that the sirens sounding are not sounding because of a tornado but rather on strong winds.  That could have been scrolled across the bottom of the screen.


Wednesday I have an appointment to get my hairscut and new shoes fitted and having supper with a friend who is coming over from Cedar Rapids for the York Rite Meeting which I will also attend and then on Thursday I am going to the University of Freemasonry at the Scottish Rite in Des Moines.  Then things will settle down again. I guess it is better to have things to do rather than nothing. Naps are always good.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I know what you mean about the sirens- I wasn't watching TV but I was trying to get things done and then my friends said "Hey the sirens are going off, let's go downstairs". By the time we got down there the sirens had quit. How irritating.