Sunday, March 13, 2011

This 'n That

It has been almost a week since I updated you on what was going on with me.  I had a lousy cold and it wiped me out.  I mainly sat around and read and fell asleep and woke up and read some more.

I stayed home for 4 days and did not even get dressed for three of them, I was really rather boring but in retrospect I think it was what I needed to get through the cold.  I have been following events in the world and watching as the world began to observe Lent. I do not observe Lent. I feel no need to spend 40 days giving up something to prove my piety. To me Lent is just another way for the Churches to control people.  I read on Facebook that a friend was giving up drinking alcohol so that he would not injure the economy he fixed an Irish dinner for his family and used more alcohol in the preparation of the meal than he would have consumed were he drinking.  It is his choice.  If I were giving up anything I would give up Palin, Bachmann, Huckabee, Newt, Limbugger and Beck...along with all their minions.  Actually I have tried to do than anyway.  The more we talk about them the more credence we given them.  Not wasting my electrons on them,

On Wednesday I got out and went down to Des Moines to the Scottish Rite Kick off and took some pictures - a lot of them which did not come out - and had a very nice prime rib dinner and I got to sit with one of my favorite Masons,  Mike Miller is from Polk City and he blogs at Iowa Freemasonry (link in the Brother's Blogging list) and I always enjoy his conversation.  He is a teacher also so we get to talk about Education.  I also took the meeting notes at the Officer's meeting.

Then it was back into the cocoon for a couple of days.  Actually staying home as much as possible because I hate to spend the money on gas if I don't have to so when I do go out I try to do as many things as possible.

Blog Photographer Bob Kelly and I had lunch on Friday at The Cafe. Have not been there for ages.  This was postponed for a week. Bob is going into the hospital for a knee replacement and we wanted to get together before he goes in.  We both had the hamburger.  It is really the best hamburger in Ames.

Yesterday I went to Des Moines and picked up my sport coat which was in getting new buttons. I lost one of the sleeve buttons and then the main on in front so I took it back to get new ones. After that I met friends at Chef's Kitchen for dinner.  It was really nice.  I had put on Facebook that I was missing not going out to some of my favorite restaurants in Des Moines and two of my Facebook friends took me up on going out.  Steve and Gloria met me at 6:30 and we ate and talked until almost 9:00.  I really enjoyed myself.  Steve is from Virginia and has a slight Southern drawl which I enjoyed hearing (Virginia is one of my favorite states.  It is so beautiful and has so much history) and Gloria is from Boone.  It was fun hearing how they met and got married.

Miles has been in and out all day.  Don't know what his problem is. Perhaps it is the Daylight Savings Time.  Speaking of which I went to bed an hour early last night and the change has not seemed to have any effect on me. My cell phone reset during the middle of the night but instead of moving forward one hour it actually moved forward two hours.  Eventually it corrected itself but it was funny.  Miss Cassie has just crawled up on my lap and is purring so I guess that means it is time to go.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the week.  Hugs. j

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

may the blue bird of happiness be more chipper for you this week.