Thursday, March 29, 2012

I will Get past this...eventually.

 The hardest moment so far in all of this was to call the groomer and tell her that Bailey would not be making his appointment next month.  She was so sorry.  She loved Bailey.  Kleenex stock is going to go up this month.  The above picture was taken one time when I picked him up after grooming. We stopped to see Aunt Jo on the way home. I think this picture (taken in her kitchen) shows his personality.

 The picture below was taken while he was waiting for his stuffed animals to come out of the washer.  If I put them in the closet he would obsess over them and sit and stare outside the closet door.  That is Max, Jon's dog who died of Kidney disease a couple of years ago, sleeping beside him.

And here he is in his favorite sleeping spot.  He would stretch out there for hours.  I miss that even though he stopped doing it a couple of years ago.
I used to have pictures of him on my desk at school...like some people have pictures of their family.  He was my family after all.  I brought them out and put them on the antique secretary in the corner of the room.  Sort of a Bailey shrine.  But I haven't burnt any incense to him.....yet.

Thanks for stopping by.  Looking forward to a movie and Lodge on Friday.  Tomorrow I shall probably stay home again.  No place to go or anything to do.  I am reading a wonderful book.  But it is a book to be savored and not rushed through.  Wonderful writer.

1 comment:

John said...

As you know, I've lost two of my pack to cancer in the past few months. Anyone who lives with as many doggies as I do, and particularly if they are rescue dogs as mine are, is bound to lose family members all too often. I wish I could say it gets easier to lose these dear creatures—but it doesn't. I still miss the ones I lost decades ago. But time does turn the memories from pain to joy. Bailey was a special guy, and he deserves to live in your memory and the memories of his other friends.