Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Alexandra Christine



My cousin sent some pictures of the new baby.  Amy (mother) is my first cousin once removed.  That means her mother was my first cousin in case you did not know.  My mother and Amy's grandmother were sisters.  My aunt JoAnn sent me a note Monday after the baby was born.

 

 When Amy was born they lived in Newton, Iowa and one night after they had the baby and were at home, I said something to Mother about going to McDonalds for supper.  We did...but it was the McDonalds in Newton, about an hours drive away.

It was a great memory for me as I thought back to that happy day.  Mother loved Amy like she was her own grandchild.  Someone once said that she would have crawled over nails to take care of Amy.  I felt the same way.
Later Amy had a little brother, Michael. I am not sure where they lived then but we went to see the new baby.  Mother was always afraid that, with a new baby in the house, the older child, who until that time had all the attention, would feel neglected or left out.  So instead of rushing right in to see the new baby, she asked Amy: "Amy, do you have something new to show Aunt Ruth?"  Amy did, in fact several things,  Toys and dolls in her room.  Mom had to work real hard to get her to show her the new baby.

It looks to me like Aiden is pretty pleased to have a little sister.  I know we are all happy that a new member of the family has joined us and she is very fortunate to be born into a loving family such as mine. And I think she is doubly lucky to have a loving caring big brother.   Enjoy the rest of the pictures and you can enjoy them in a larger format by clicking on them and embiggening them







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great story and I really appreciate the post.