Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sumthing for Saturday

 I haven't had much to write about this week.  Mostly life has been mundane. Grocery store, laundry a couple of meetings.  Miles has been with me because Jon went to Arizona and is now in Philadelphia for University Interviews.  I hope he gets in the program he wants.  There are positives to each place.  I think I would prefer the Philadelphia University as I love that area of the US.  I was in Philadelphia to attend the Red Cross of Constantine Meetings a several years ago.  I love the history and I really can't describe the incredible feeling which I got when I stood in Independence Hall and realized that was the place where our country was born.  It gave me chills.
 Miles is really easy to have around. He does not understand why Bailey gets "special food" and sits and stares at us while Bailey eats.  Bailey won't eat if I just put his food on the floor. I have to dish it up and hold him while he eats.  I give it a short zap in the microwave and then sit and hold him while he snarfs his food down.  The food I am giving him is like a stew and it really does look good.  Smells good also.  I almost (I said almost) think about eating it myself.
Regarding the death of the Conservative Andrew Breitbart.  I read this comment on one of my blogs. It is about Michael Savage.
World Net Daily has a new cause.
Noting that the cause of Andrew Breitbart’s unexpected death yesterday was being examined by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office, talk-radio host Michael Savage raised the question of whether the conservative media powerhouse – who recently announced he had videos that could politically damage President Obama – was murdered. On his top-rated show today, Savage played an audio clip of Breitbart telling an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington last month that he had obtained videos that shed light on Obama’s ties to radicals in the early 1980s who helped propel him to the presidency. “Maybe my overly active imagination kicked into overdrive,” Savage told his listeners of his decision to raise the question. “But you heard what Breitbart said – he has videos … we’re going to vet the president.”
The thought that came to my mind as I read about all of the right wingnuts speculating on whether or not the President had Breitbart murdered was that the only reason they would think that is because it is something they would do.  With all their gun rhetoric and putting targets on things they are very frightening.  I shudder when I think of them.

  I went to see Wanderlust this week.  It was cute and I enjoyed it.  Not a great movie but it was what I wanted/needed right at that time.  I am not reading very fast right now on my book because I picked up The Rhyme and Reason of Curt L. Sytsma from my bookshelf and am re-reading it. It is amazing to me about how much of what he wrote then is relevant today.  It seems like we have not progressed much.  What he wrote back then applies to our political situation today.  It is like a long running drama on Broadway in which one player leaves the company to be replaced by a new actor playing the part.  You can tell there is a little difference but the story is still the same.  Have a super Saturday.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: