Saturday, March 17, 2012

Something for Saturday

 We are celebrating Daffodil Days right now and a friend of mine co-ordinates the selling of bunches of daffodil's  This is a double bunch and it sits on my messy table where I can enjoy it.

I had to go to the bank in Des Moines to make a deposit and get a couple of cashier's checks.
 The receptionist had a triple bunch on her desk and it was really right at nose height so I could smell them as I spoke with her.  Really nice.

I drove down by the back way and it was a beautiful sky.  I snapped some pictures  of the clouds.  A helicopter is in the first picture. Right above the lamps on the right.

I had to make a trip down as I  said and decided that since I had to be there anyway I might as well see The Artist. This year's Best Picture.  It was playing at the Fleur theater and I love going there. It is such a better experience than the Cinemark one.  They even sell brewed iced tea.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I especially enjoyed the dog.
 I was going to get gas at Costco but I used my Amex Card to guarantee the room for the North Carolina Trip and forgot to put it back in my wallet so I had to go to another place to get gassed up.  It was 5 cents a gallon more expensive than it would have been at Costco.  Usually gas is cheaper in Des Moines than it is in Ames but I noticed that it was the same cost in Des Moines as it is in Ames.  It cost me
 a bundle for about 1/2 a tank.

After the movie I gassed up and took the Freeway home.  The clouds had disappeared. Not one in the sky.  It was strange.

On the way home I switched radio stations.  I usually listen to WOI-FM and didn't like what was on so I switched stations.  I am always finding out something new about this vehicle.  Not only does it tell me the time and the radio station but on some stations it also tells me what the name of the song is that is playing.  Pretty neat.

You can't read it very well but here it is. I got Bailey some different kind of food and he loves it.  I may have to go back and get more.
It was nice to get out of the house. I even turned on the AC when I go home cause the place was hot and stuffy.  Tomorrow I work on getting things ready for the meeting Sunday Night.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I sorely miss daffodils.