Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back from Grand Chapter/Council

Returning from Cedar Rapids yesterday was delightful the sky was overcast when I first started out and then I had these beautiful clouds. I stopped in Tama and Nevada to get gas and water as Ames is still without drinking water.
I love it when I can see for miles ahead.
Today I went down for breakfast with my friend and Brother Kurt and his family. Kurt was unable to make it to Grand Council where he was to have been installed as Grand Steward of the Grand Council. (this means that in about 6 or 7 years he will be Grand Master) and I was deputized to install him. It was an informal installation but you can see that he was listening intently as I read his charge to him.
And I think he was happy that I had been able to install him. I was proud and honored to do so.
In the meantime the princess was more interested in Mom's iPhone and the prince...
Well, the prince wasn's going to let me take a photo of him.
But he finally relented and I got a good one. Pretty good of Lyssa also.

All in all it was a great week-end. I saw some folks I had not seen in ages, was installed as Grand Chaplain of the Grand Council (I told them I had God's e-mail address) and came home with a bottle of Iowa Bourbon as a gift from a great friend. I sat here last night and sipped it and considered giving up Scotch. But this stuff is almost as hard to get as Templeton Rye so I shall have to limit my consumption and nurse it. No rocks or water will go into this. It is perfect just as it is. Thanks for stopping by. ARTYAL. Hugs, j

No comments: