Thursday, August 12, 2010

Road Trip to Cedar Rapids

I shot a few pictures on my trip to Cedar Rapids. You can see the rivers are still running bank full or over the top.
But oh my, what a beautiful day to drive across Iowa. Perfect clouds.
And I love the Bohemian Hills near Tama. I stopped in Tama/Toledo for lunch. Had two Maid Rites. I love them and stop there when I get a chance. I got over here and got registered and ready to go to meetings. Then this afternoon I sat around with friends and solved the problems of the world. It is wonderful to be able to come to these meetings again. My friend Kurt was supposed to have come but he had his ceiling collapse last night and has to stay home and work on fixing it. I miss having him here.

I noticed that Ames is under a Flash Flood watch for tonight again. I think we have had enough... ENOUGH.

If you want to see some aerial movies of the flooding you can see them here. I suggest switching to full screen you get a great effect and can really see things.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I thought floods were reserved to the spring time.