Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Nephew

I will get in trouble for this. The tall guy in the middle is my nephew Jon. He works at the Fighting Burrito on Campustown. They are just moving their business from a dark out of the way hole in the wall to a bright modern right in the middle of Campustown store.(opening today) It used to be a dairy queen. He is a hard worker and has been of immeasurable help to me. Of course I let his dog (Miles) live with me so I help him also.

Jon has been around for almost 28 years. The anniversary of his birth is September 4. In our family we had a unique system for keeping track of how old we were. I turned 68 last November, Mother would have been 98 in February, my sister was 58 in July and now Jon completes the circle and will be 28. Makes things easy as long as I can remember how old I am. You laugh.. I was making myself older for awhile. In November it starts all over again. Any way I am very grateful to have Jon in my life. He has brought much joy and yes once in awhile some frustration but then what kid doesn't. I am very grateful for him and all that he has become and is becoming. He will make a great teacher.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

he sounds a fine fellow.