Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Unscathed

I came home from Grand Chapter and Council to find that the West side of my basement was flooded. You can see the wet foot prints. This was a nice little one bedroom apartment with Kitchen and office and I had a lot of "stuff" down there.
I have my contractor/handyman working on it. You can smell that it had already started to mildew. I suppose because it got wet just before or as I left and he and his helper have brought everything up out of the basement. Much of it will go right to the trash but that will be my job.
I will not replace the carpet or do more than fix it up from the damage as I do not plan to rent it out again. The other half of the basement. the part with linoleum or concrete floor was dry as a bone. Go figure. Anyway I can look the rest of the people of Ames in the eye again and not feel guilty because I was unscathed. And I just spoke with the Insurance Adjuster who kindly informed me that my insurance does not cover water that comes in from the surface or underground... I asked him where else could it have come from There goes my TSA..I will not say what I am thinking but it begins with an F....and it ain't a nice chocolate flavor. Oh well. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I think I might be changing insurance companies. Sorry about that, Jay.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I think they are all that way,