Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yoni

This is Yoni (but when I had him as a student in sixth grade he was Jonathan) and he joined me for lunch today. We reconnected through Facebook. I had seen a picture of him and his brother and it looked like they were someplace I wanted to visit. So I messaged him and we decided that when he got back from Israel before he returned to college in Maine we would get together for lunch.
He says he is going to cut all that beautiful hair off so that he can do better in swimming when he goes back. I wish I could have it. You have seen my pictures. I look like a hairy billiard ball. Yoni won't ever have that problem. It was great to see him again and I love that he is a reader and we talked about books, movies, family and politics (just a little, you know me.) Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

Addendum
I just got back from the Foot Doctor and he tells me that my toe is 80% healed and looking good. He took x-rays (or rather Bridget did) and it looks good also. I see him again in two weeks. It is raining again and Maynard just sent me this... seems appropriate.

A guy died one day and found himself waiting in the long line of judgment.

As he stood there he noticed that some souls were allowed to march right through the pearly gates into Heaven. Others though, were led over to Satan who threw them into the burning pit.

Every so often, instead of hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan would toss a soul off to one side into a small pile..

After watching Satan do this several times, the guy's curiosity got the better of him. So he strolled over and asked Satan what he was doing.

"Excuse me, Mr. Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for judgment, but I couldn't help wondering, why are you tossing those people aside instead of flinging them into the Fires of Hell with the others?"

"Ah, those," Satan said with a groan. "They're all from Iowa. They're still too wet to burn."