Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Celebrating Bailey


Fifteen years ago in January my mother died. It was not unexpected and while I was able to be glad for her my life became very lonely. As the year progressed I decided it was time to get a dog. I had had several in the past but always wanted a Yorkie. Some friends of mine had one and I really liked their dog.

I got Bailey in the fall from the Millers in Boone. but August 25 is his birthday so I thought I would post some photos of him to celebrate. I have some toys to give him and some treats. I am sure Miles will destroy the toys but such is life.
Jon reminded me that today was also the anniversary of the day he found out from Iowa State Vet Med Center that Max wasn't going to make it. Thus followed a period of saying good-bye to him. It was hard but at least he was no longer suffering. Then followed Miles and you can see that he and Bailey were about the same size. Followers of the Blog know that has changed.
Bailey has to look up to everyone.
He does like to play with toys and tomorrow morning he will have some new ones (as I said)
There was a time when he slept here and leaned against my leg. I think the arthritis makes this uncomfortable for him as he will no longer do this. I miss it. He also stopped sleeping on the bed with me.
But he is still my beauty and is a lot of company. He does not let Miles bully him although Miles does try to steal his treats...
He goes to the groomer every 6 weeks and comes back looking goooood.


He used to play with the large soccer ball. He pushed it with both feet but he always had to have something in his mouth. One time he had an old (empty) can while he was pushing it. He stopped playing with it about a year ago and Miles has sort of trashed the ball also.
Jon was concerned that Bailey was cold last winter so he got him a sweater. It helped.
The red sweatshirt did not work out so well but he wore it once or twice,
He is always happy to go outside and it seems that as he is getting older he must go out more frequently. His control is not what it used to be.
And finally a couple of portraits of my little Buddy. Happy 15th Birthday Bailey.
My life is better because you are in it.

3 comments:

whalechaser said...

What a touching tribute to a fine friend. Hope he has a great day...and YOU too!
Whale

John said...

HAPPY BARKDAY, BAILEY!

You can come and play with us ANY time! Bring Miles along!

Love,

Welly, Amy, Gawain, Isolde, Rocky, Jasper, Arthur, and Genny K.

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday Bailey!!
you look so young for 15
must be your good life

we all send hugs and scratches and meows
Dianne and Iza and Siren
and Hope says 'Dog' - it's one of her favorite words