Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I have no idea

Why I like this.  But I do


It will probably drive you nuts to watch it but it makes me laugh and I need to laugh.  Speaking of laughing I appreciate David Letterman more and more. I know that he uses a formula some of the time but he had good writers and his show has enough variety that there is usually something that makes me laugh and sometimes makes me think.

It is awfully cold in Iowa right now.  9 degrees that feels like -7 earlier.  As I write this it is 6.6 on my back porch.  I open the door for Bailey and he won't even step outside.  Miles climbed up on my lap and sat there for about 40 minutes.  My leg was going to sleep.  Some of my Blogger friends have nice small dogs who would make nice lap dogs.  Actually Miles makes a good lap dog.

He is not the largest dog I have had on my lap.  Our friends the Rabinowitz's from Minnesota who came to Leech Lake every year when we did had two dogs  a Chihuahua and a St. Bernard.  Mitzi was the little dog and she spent most of her time wrapped in a baby blanked on Morrie's lap growling at the St. Bernard.  Mojo was the Saint and he loved to snuggle and sit on my lap.  And he was big.  I loved him.  Maryjane and Morrie drove Morrie's old car to the lake to use as a dog house for Mojo.  He used to sit in the back seat and bark at this one lady.  We never could figure out why because he did not do it with the rest of us.

I have to tell you that I am awestruck at the almost 161,000 hits on this blog.  I worry that I will not entertain you enough and you will stop coming for a visit.  It was really neat to meet a new person at Lodge last week and find out that he reads Bailey's Buddy.  I look at the map and see the dots all over the world.  It boggles my mind.  I love that I have this blog and I hope I provide a service.

Sometimes we have people we think are friends and then find out that they weren't really friends and it hurts.  But knowing that I have a couple of hundred people out there who stop by to see me and read my scribblings some days keeps me going.  Thanks, once again, for stopping by.  Cherish your friendships and be gentle with one another.  Hugs.  j

1 comment:

kenju said...

The last paragraph is so very true!!

I hope you warm up soon.