Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Floating around the Internets

I found these pictures at various places on the Internets and thought I would share.  This first one is the only one I will editorialize (rant) on.  


There is a Facebook group which I am on entitled "You know you grew up in Ames, Iowa if...." and there are a lot of Ames Schools graduates on there.  I read their posts as long as I can but invariably I find posts like this on there.


i don't remember the teachers name just that i had the class with my cusin xxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx and i spent more time in class starining at xxxxx ( oh come on girls u all did the same when u had a class with xxxx) i know i wasn't the only one doing it god i could name off at least 10 cute guys that us girls had starred at at one time or the other xxxxx xxxxxx , xxxxx xxxxx or xxx xxxxxx just to name a few come on girls u havesome names to add to the cute guy watch i know u do i know that the guys did the same at some of the girls too right guys



I used to think that the Ames Schools were pretty good schools but when I read these posts and find constant misuse of there, their and they're not to mention then and than I am changing my opinion.  I know the Middle School teachers used to complain that we (elementary) were not teaching the rules of spelling and grammar to our students to prepare them.  I got them to admit that indeed we did.  However somewhere along the way these people (who write like this) manage to graduate from our schools.  It is very discouraging.  I wonder where the standards went.



No comments: